Commitment to Excellence
Below are sample Commitment to Excellence forms signed by members of the KIPP LA Prep "team and family" at the beginning of each year.
Without taking shortcuts, we commit to KIPP in the following ways:
- We understand that our child must follow the KIPP rules. We, not the school, are responsible for the behavior and actions of our child.
- We will ensure our child arrives at KIPP LA Prep by 7:25 a.m. (M – F) so that they may be in class ready to learn by 7:30 a.m. We will also arrange for our child to remain at KIPP LA Prep until 1:00 p.m. on Monday, 5:00 p.m. Tuesday to Thursday, and 3:30 p.m. on Friday.
- We will ensure our child participates in supplemental instruction when needed.
- We will commit to volunteering for 20 or more hours at KIPP LA Prep.
- We will ensure that our child attends KIPP LA Prep during summer school.
- We will ensure our child adheres to the KIPP LA Prep dress code.
- We will contact teachers regularly to discuss our child’s progress.
- We will notify the school no later than the beginning of the school day if our child will miss school. We will send a note when they return.
- We will check our child’s agenda and sign it every day as part of our child’s homework.
- We will read and check carefully all papers our child brings home, including homework, every night. When there are problems, we will ensure that our child calls a KIPP LA Prep teammate or the KIPP LA Prep faculty member for help.
- We have thoroughly read the Family Handbook and have discussed the contents with our child.
*We understand that this is a long-term commitment. We understand that if all these commitments are not met, our child will receive consequences, including loss of privileges and possibly removal from the school.
Please sign here.
- I will be a college-bound learner.
- I will be an active, honest, and responsible participant in my school, community, and home.
- I will be professional in manner and dress.
- I will respect my teammates, my teachers, my community, and myself.
- I will model excellence at all times.
*I understand that this is a long-term commitment. Regardless of how challenging my time at KIPP is, I will finish what I start. I understand that if these commitments are not met, I will receive consequences, including loss if KIPP privileges or possibly removal from the school.
Please sign here.