Our Blended Learning Model
KIPP Empower Academy utilizes a blended learning model to deliver high quality outcomes to students in South Los Angeles. Through the utilization of this model the school is able to provide small group instruction in all core areas of instruction including reading, writing, math, and science.
The video below provides an overview of KIPP Empower Academy's instructional model:
KIPP LA Schools has compiled a set of resources about the implementation and operation of KEA's innovative approach to share with interested parties. Available for your perusal are the following:
- Detailed Video: A ten minute video that goes into fine detail on the development, implementation, and impact of the model.
- KEA Case Study: A comprehensive informational document for educators interested in implementing a blended learning model at their school or in their classroom. (KIPP LA thanks the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation for their generous support in generating this case study.)
- Webinar with the Principal (coming soon): Founding Principal Mike Kerr addresses KEA's innovative approach to education.
- Virtual Tour (coming soon): Take a virtual walk through KIPP Empower's campus and see how blended learning works on a typical school day.
- FAQ: Answers to frequently asked questions about blended learning and KIPP Empower Academy.