Commitment to Excellence
After enrolling at KIPP Empower Academy, the school leader, teachers, parents, and students sign a non-binding pledge called a “Commitment to Excellence.”
Teacher/School Leader Commitment.
- Timeliness – We will arrive every day on time and remain here throughout the entire instructional day.
- High Quality Education – We commit to providing a high-quality education and to going the extra mile for our students.
- Support and Respect – We will appreciate, support, and respect every student. We will create a nurturing environment for our students and their families.
- Communication – We will communicate regularly with parents about their child’s progress and make ourselves available in person and by phone.
- Homework – We will assign productive, worthwhile homework every night to reinforce and support skills and concepts learned in class.
- Safety – We will always protect the safety, interests, and rights of all individuals.
The Family’s Commitment.
- Timeliness/Attendance – I understand that every school day is important and that it is my responsibility to get my child to school every day on time and pick up my child on time.
- Support & Homework – I will always help my child in the best way I know how, and I will do whatever it takes for my child to learn. My child will complete his or her homework every day.
- Independent Reading – I will ensure that my child reads or is read to for at least 20 minutes a night.
- Communication – I will make myself available to my child and all of his/her teachers. I will return phone calls from school staff in a timely fashion.
- Uniform – I will send my child to school every day in a clean uniform.
- School Rules– I understand that my child must follow the rules to protect the safety and rights of all individuals.
- Parental Involvement – I will attend parent meetings and report card conferences throughout the year.
- Instructional Program – I will do my best to support the educational program of the school and the policies spelled out in the KEA family handbook.
- My Best Effort – I understand that my education is important, and I will always work, think, and behave in the best way I know how and do whatever it takes for my fellow students and me to learn. I will be brave and take on challenges as they come. I will set goals for myself and strive to reach these goals.
- Attendance and Timeliness – I will come to school every day on time.
- Uniform – I will wear the KEA uniform properly every day and follow the school dress code.
- Homework – I will complete all of my homework and reading every night. I will seek the help I need to complete all my homework.
- Communication – I will raise my hand to ask for help if I do not understand something. I will make myself available to my teachers and parents about any concerns they might have.
- Character – Each day, I will follow the KEA values by working hard, being nice, staying strong, and making good choices. I will follow all school rules to be safe and make sure that everyone has a chance to learn.